Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Special Times

If there was ever a day to write something it is today...the day of the Lunar Eclipse and a Full Moon in Gemini...the Sun went into Sagittarius on Wed, the 21st.   Without getting tooo astrological here, I do have to mention a few things.  This is the Beaver Moon, according to Native Americans, and it is prime for listening and meditation...surviving and evolving.....and for pity and forgiveness from the Divine Feminine.  It is also a forgiving moon..the mother of pathos.  We are approaching the shortest day as it becomes colder & darker.....more yin....yin is feminine, cold, and quiet (among many other things).  Yesterday I worked in my yard...I love that and have tons more to do....then I switched out my summer clothes for my winter clothes for the prime space in my dresser.  Oh, and last night  I did a very cool Full Moon ritual (which I think I got from April Elliot Kent, astrologer) with sesame oil.  You go into the bathroom and strip and massage yourself (unless there another there) All over with sesame oil -which has a very organic and nutty sort of smell and calling in all the nice moon energy...she said she did a couple standing yoga poses for a while and THEN take a shower.  It was nice ....a trace of the oil remains on your skin so you don't need lotion.  It's a tribute to the special time.

 About a month ago I moved into my daughter's apt. to take care of her kids while she was in the Dominican Republic trying to get her Indian husband approved by immigration.  Well, after a couple years of struggle and lots of $$, it FINALLY HAPPENED and they are both back here in the USA!!  It is wonderful and the kids are beyond thrilled, as they had already bonded with him back in the Dom Rep while they still lived there (til 2010). I have to add this hilarious fact I just learned...Elsa, 6, is teaching her dad, Karan, from India, how to read. She makes him say it and corrects him.  Really funny to hear.
 So the seasons have changed since I was last living in mi casita.   There was a Solar Eclipse on Nov. 13 (did you know eclipses always come in pairs?) which marked this month as special and I celebrated with a dip (my last) in the chilly ocean.

This is also the month that Susan Miller of AstrologyZone.com promised us Aquarians that this is THE month for a boost of some kind in our careers AND our love lives.  Well......I have answered so many ads on Craigslist for employment over the past many months it is almost comical...from artist to nanny to dog-sitter, etc.......Nada.......not that I ever give up tho........my next post may have to be about my experience as a senior online seeker on the dating sites...pretty funny.  Haven't met anyone in person yet but there a few fairly strong contenders as far as I can tell at this time.   More on that later.

Time to get out the Christmas deco!

No comments:

Post a Comment