Friday, September 6, 2013

Another New Chapter....

Here it is early September, 2013, and I have not written anything in here since June!!  I don't really have an excuse altho I thought about it many times.  I have been staying in the same place all summer, here in Maine, with my 5yr old grandson, Eli, and his mom, Angela.    His dad is my son, Jake, who now has his own little place nearby and so life is more peaceful since everybody has more personal space.  Well, except for me, but that's OK.  I am returning to my home in Florida next week.  I can hardly believe that 4 months have already gone by.

Eli is now in kindergarten...full time!  Just a few years ago the little ones went for only a half day.   What happened?  It is easier for working parents this way, but I'm not so sure about the kids.  He takes the school bus too.  It is crazy to see him climb up those tall steps in the morning as he boards and then plunk down into one of the front seats.  His mom is able to get some info about school activities out of him because she asks him as soon as he returns.  He likes it overall.   So my job is over here for now.   I'll be in touch regularly to hear about his progress.  Of course, I will return as often as I can.  I am hoping that Angela will soon buy her own house so we (daughter & 2 kids & I) can all come up for Christmas vacation, or as soon as possible.   My grandkids in Florida have never seen snow!

New chapter for my daughter in Florida too.  She is planning a move to Miami but will move back in with me for a while until her husband returns from India.  He is embroiled with heavy family drama (she suspects...he is out of communication range)and stuck there for now.  She doesn't want to move without him....too big a decision & too much work alone.  We will be squished but we did it before and it is only temporary.  We will have fun.

I received a grant, fortunately, to obtain a new roof and a new septic system....a Very Big Deal!  They just put on the roof and the rest may be happening the day I return or the week, certainly.....the timing is crazy!    

Astrologically speaking, (a favorite topic of mine), it is a VERY intense time and it sure is playing out that way for many people that I know and love.  The moon is still in Virgo & the sun is in Virgo still and we just had a new moon that has been urging us to clean up our homes, get rid of clutter, re-affirm our goals, and get with a program for health...a cleaner diet and exercise!  Virgo is an earth sign and all about getting it done and there has never been a better time to visualize & implement the changes we want in our lives than right now.

I will write more often when I am home again.  Love and Good Health for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment